CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM, BUT DO NOT RIDICULE THE OPPOSING TEAM.
LEARN THE RULES OF THE GAME. IT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHY CERTAIN SITUATIONS TAKE PLACE.
BE RESPECTFUL OF THE OFFICIALS’ DECISIONS.
IF YOU ARE A PARENT, TRY TO BE A “TEAM “ FAN, NOT A “KID” FAN.
BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL, BOTH THROUGH YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND BY CENSURING THOSE AROUND YOU WHOSE BEHAVIOR IS UNBECOMING.
KEEP YOUR COMMENTS POSITIVE.
KEEP YOUR PERSPECTIVE, REMEMBER, IT IS JUST A GAME.
APPLAUD ALL GOOD PLAYS NO MATTER WHO MAKES THEM.
SET A GOOD EXAMPLE WITH COURTEOUS BEHAVIOR TOWARD OTHER PARENTS , PLAYERS AND COACHES.
ENJOY THE GAME!
P - Pride (Not only in your team but in yourself)
U - Unity (To work together as a group for the improvement of the entire team)
R - Respect (Everyone you meet, the equipment, the establishment, and yourself)
P - Power (To achieve your goals)
O - Opportunity (To learn and to improve)
S - Sportsmanship (Always, win or lose, it WILL build character and respect)
E - Enthusiasm (For your PURPOSE)
Pennsylvania Heartland Athletic Conference Sportsmanship and Fan Decorum
- All visiting teams will be treated as honored guests.
- Cheer for your team and not against the opponent.
- Inappropriate comments or cheers that harass opposing spectators, cheerleaders, players, coaches, or officials will not be tolerated and will result in your removal from the event.
- Spectators are not allowed on the playing surface during competition.
- Air horns, sirens, whistles, personal listening devices without headphones are not permitted at outdoor athletic contests.
- All noisemakers including those listed above are prohibited at indoor events.
- Masks and full face paint are not permitted.
- Respect will be shown to the contestants during introductions.
- All spirit signs are to be displayed by the cheerleaders after obtaining permission from the game manager.