Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Central Columbia School District. There are several things you need to do before becoming an approved volunteer for the district. Please follow the steps below to become a volunteer.
1. Contact building principal (or their secretary). (DO NOT contact your student’s
teacher or club advisor to be added to the list.)
2. Apply for required clearances and take Mandated Reporter Training online. (see
reverse side for clearance/training information). These are required by state law.
3. Turn in required clearances and training certificate during one of the volunteer
clearance collection days. (Four collection days will be held throughout the year)
4. Have picture taken for badge. (Badge will be created within approximately a
week of picture being taken)
5. Pick up badge at school building you received approval to volunteer in.
The district will hold four clearance collection days. These will be the only times to turn in clearances during the year. If you do not get your clearances turned in and approved at one of these four dates you will have to wait until the next turn-in day to complete
what is needed to become a volunteer. The clearance collection dates are as follows:
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:00pm – 7:00pm HS Cafeteria
Saturday, November 4, 2017 12:00pm – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 5:00pm – 7:00pm HS Cafeteria
Saturday, April 14, 2018 12:00pm – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
If steps 1-4 are not completed, you will not be approved and will not be allowed to volunteer in any of the buildings.
Clearance & Training Information
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check. (FREE)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance. (FREE)
- Central Columbia Volunteer Affidavit or Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check.
« Central Columbia Volunteer Affidavit – If you have been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, this form will take the place of the FBI Fingerprinting Clearance. This form can be found on the district website. (FREE)
« FBI Criminal Background Check – If you have not lived in Pennsylvania continuously for the past 10 years, you will need to complete this clearance. You will need to register (use Service Code 1KG6Y3), get your fingerprints taken, and turn in your UEID # so we can view your clearance online. https://uenroll.identogo.com/ ($22.60 Fee)
- Act 126 Mandated Reporter Training.
Click to open a PDF (printable) version of this information