DRC INSIGHT APP Change (iPad CDT and Keystone Testing APP)
DRC made a change in their server systems that changed the CCHS ORG code that needs to be typed into the DRC INSIGHT APP. You need to assign a new org code in your App.
- Open the App, and assign the iPad with the following CCSD-HS ORG code: 1411154069
If you open the DRC INSIGHT APP and receive an error message, follow the procedure below.
1. Delete the DRC INSIGHT App from their iPads.
2. Re-install the DRC INSIGHT App from the Bluejay App Catalog (if they don't see it listed, it will be under UPDATES).
3. Open the App, and assign the iPad with the following CCSD-HS ORG code: 1411154069
MacBook Pro Battery Life: Best Practices
1. Turn Off Bluetooth. To turn Bluetooth off:
- Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper right-hand corner of the desktop.
- Select Turn Bluetooth Off. The icon should now be grayed out.
If you don’t see the icon
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left of the screen > System Preferences > Bluetooth.
- Select the 'Turn Bluetooth Off' button.
2. Adjust Screen Brightness, turn off backlight on your keyboard.
- Using the F1 and F2 keys, turn the brightness all the way down to the lowest setting. Then, take it back up until the brightness is at a comfortable setting. The idea is to get it below 50%.
- Use the F5 and F5 keys to turn down the backlight on the keyboard.
3. Modify Energy Saver preferences.
Changing these settings will cause your Mac to power down energy-consuming components—such as the screen and the hard drive—sooner during periods of inactivity.
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left of the screen > System Preferences > Energy Saver. Select the Battery tab.
- Move the slider bars for Computer Sleep and Display Sleep as far left as you believe is comfortable. You probably don’t want your computer going to sleep after just one minute but don’t want to leave it on indefinitely either.
- Below, select the following checkboxes:
- Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible.
- Slightly dim the display when using this power source.
- Automatically reduce brightness before display goes to sleep.
4. Eject CDs/DVDs if you’re not using them. Disconnect unused USB peripherals.
5. Turn off notifications
- Click on the Apple icon in the top left of the screen > System Preferences > Notifications.
Make sure that 'Do Not Disturb' is selected on the left. Then select the 'Turn on Do Not Disturb in Notification Center' ICON, on the right. That will display the notification center. Select 'ON' for 'Do Not Disturb'.
6. Close unneeded Applications
- Any App on your Dock that has a dot under the icon is “open”. These App use memory and battery. Right-click on any unneeded open App and select Quit.
7. Turn off icon preview
- Right-click on your Desktop and select 'Show View Options'. In the menu, uncheck the 'Show Icon Preview'.
8. Use Safari as your default browser
- Safari is optimized by Apple to use the least amount of power possible. Unless you have a specific need to use another browser, Safari will offer you longer battery life.
PDF - MacBook Pro Battery Life: Best Practices or how to use your MacBook Pro longer while running on the battery
CCHS Student Printing Procedure
Posted by John Monick at 10/22/2015
The High School recognizes that students might need to print, on paper, a documnet or letter. Below is the HS student printing procedure.
Students will email ONE print job (one page document or multiple page document), to any High School teacher that has you enrolled in their class.
The email subject must contain the students full name.
The attached document must be a PDF file (PDF file format only)
The print job will not exceed 20 pages.
If the received email does not confirm to the procedure above it will be returned and not printed.
The authorizing teacher will FORWARD that students email to “HSPRINT” (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The student’s name and PDF attachment will automatically be part of the FORWARDED email to HSPRINT.
The teacher and student will receive an email notification when the submitted print job has been printed and is ready to be picked up at the HS Library circulation desk.
The print job will be available to be picked up AFTER the email notification has been sent and received, not before.
If a student or other user sends an email to HSPRINT, they will get a “not authorized” email returned to them.