The new Act 168 law affected what volunteers need to be able to help in the school. Here are the steps that a person needs to take to be an approved volunteer for Central Columbia.
1. Contact building principal (or their secretary). (DO NOT contact your student’s teacher or club advisor to be added to the list.)
2. Apply for required clearances and take Mandated Reporter Training online. (see reverse side for clearance/training information). These are required by state law.
3. Turn in required clearances and training certificate during one of the volunteer clearance collection days. (Four collection days will be held throughout the year)
4. Have picture taken for ID badge. (Badge will be created within approximately a week of picture being taken)
5. Pick up ID badge at school building you received approval to volunteer in.
The district will hold four clearance collection days. These will be the only times to turn in clearances during the year. If you do not get your clearances turned in and approved at one of these four dates you will have to wait until the next turn-in day to complete what is needed to become a volunteer. The clearance collection dates are as follows:
- Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:00am – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
- Saturday, October 8, 2016 10:00am – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
- Saturday, March 18, 2017 10:00am – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 10:00am – 2:00pm HS Cafeteria
If steps 1-4 are not completed, you will not be approved and will not be allowed to volunteer in any of the buildings.
Clearance & Training Information