Dear Blue Jay Basketball parents and players,
Hello. Youth basketball season begins soon. I want to take this opportunity to reach out to all of you and explain what our league will look like this year. We are reinventing our youth league based upon input we have received from a variety of sources, including current and former youth league parents and players and current head varsity basketball coaches in the local area. The 2018-2019 Boy's Youth Basketball League will consist of:
- parent-volunteers will coach the team
- the coaching staff will hold a coaching clinic for the parent-volunteers
- PIAA referees will officiate the games
- teams will play minimum of 1 game per week
- teams will practice minimum of 1 time per week in a CCSD gym
- players will receive reversible mesh basketball jersey
- the league will run from November to February
- teams will play some games versus teams from Berwick and Bloomsburg leagues
- league will have two divisions - 2nd/3rd/4th grade and 5th/6th grade
- league will not have a division for 7th/8th grade; the coaching staff will organize regular open gyms and participation in a fall league for this age group
We hope you are excited about our new vision for boy's youth basketball in the Central Columbia School District. We are going to hold registration for our league on Wednesday, November 7 in the high school gym lobby from 6:00-8:00 P.M. Please complete the attached registration form. The registration fee for the league is $50.00. We increased the amount of the registration fee to cover the costs of the PIAA officials and reversible practice jersey.
In the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering to coach a team, please contact me directly as soon as possible. We will look forward to seeing you soon. Take care.
Please select this link for registration form.
Head Boy's Varsity Basketball Coach
Central Columbia High School